I just finished watching Clannad and H2O: ~Footprints in the Sand~ a while ago. Sorry I wasn’t able to provide screenies because I’m sure it’ll be a lot better if you have wathced them instead!
For the two anime, these are my thoughts:
- I wish I had known the titles of the songs inserted within scenes as well as the beautiful, kawaii piano scores. ^^
- I thought the ending was great, without having to sacrifice the fact that there were lots of questions that needed answers in the pre-ending episode moments. But despite that, a lot of questions still remain in me.
- Will the distance remain between Tomoya and his father?
- Absolutely taking aside the movie, will Nagisa and Tomoya end up together, as in, with a child that is in the bleak world?
- Did Fuko actually died? Or reunited?
- Did Nagisa actually realized that the dream their parents had ended was continued by her?
- I just hope Kyou, Ryou, and Tomoyo gets to find someone for them as well.^^, I’m taking Kitomi for that matter. ^^
- Where did the story of Nagisa’s play originated? Yes it is the future of Tomoya but where did she grabbed the idea from?
- Some characters, I believe, should have role-played more on the story. e.g. Youhei, the library gal..
- A must watch anime if you’re looking for really hilarious scenes and dramatic ones.
H2O: ~Footprints in the Sand~:
- The better of the two mentioned, character-wise, plot-wise, ending-wise, wise…. Anything. Absolutely wonderful.
- Amazing sakuga. Not to mention that Clannad has a very kawaii sakuga too.
- The plot left behind an empty space in the final episode which puts the viewers into thinking what REALLY happened.
- Makes you really feel attached to the story.
- A very good ending nonetheless. Unexpected one.
- A must watch too! Really touching, soulful. Great job on this one.
- Hirose x Hayami is probably the MOST deserved and the best pair ever.^^
- Left me with some questions too:
- Who was that new village elder?
- Will Otoha remain with Hirose x Hayami?
- I’d like to believe that Hayami really did not die in the last scene, but was rather at the rear end of the tracks when the train passed by, hence, still alive in the ending moments of the anime. But what really happened?
- I HATE HOTARU/HINATA’S GRANDFATHER SO MUCH I WANT HIM TO BE THE ONE SHOT WITH THE TWO RIFLES AND AFTER THAT, RAMMED DOWN BY A TRAIN. *curses*
- Simply 10/10.